Friday, September 02, 2005

 

What to do on your Algarve holiday...

Faro's Teatro Lethes interior
My first choice is always to check what's on in the way of culture - then 'arrange' to be in the vicinity of the venue, so that I can casually suggest to husband Nev that we check out whatever is going on at the end of a busy day's Algarve exploration.

I think he's guessed how it happens, but since he's pretty mellow during an Algarve vacation, he seems not to mind.

I'd already planned to visit Faro this September (apart from using the airport, that is).

So when I heard that a contemporary dance 'platform' would be held there, I factored that into my plans.

The event in question is Plataforma de Dança Contemporânea Portuguesa, a production featuring many of Portugal's top contemporary choreographers. It's at Faro's Municipal Theatre on September 17th and tickets are only 5 Euros! Wow... great value!

And if you can't make that show, it's repeated at Teatro Lethes (a stunningly decorated, if tiny theatre - pictured above - in Faro's Rua de Portugal) and the Municipal Theatre in Lagoa on the two following evenings. So that's 3 chances to soak up some modern Portuguese culture.

Include me in, as they say in the movies!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?