Friday, October 07, 2005

 

More Sand at Pera...


Fiesa 2005 was just as good as last year's bash.

This time we went on the last day during daylight hours, had a good look around and then left.

But we went back at about 2130 (you can come and go as you like on a day ticket) and enjoyed the spectacle of all the sand sculptures illuminated in the dark.

There was a decent local rock band playing, so we lazed on a boarded area that was spread with cushion, Middle-Eastern-style and just 'chilled' (as those young folk say).

When it all ended, we drove back to our Portimao apartment, tired but happy.

Unlike last year, they didn't invite visitors to help break up the sculptures on the last night, but honestly - I think we were too pooped anyway!

I'm looking forward already to Fiesa 2006!

And you can compare the exhibits by checking out those on offer at Fiesa 2004 by viewing my sand sculptures page.

Comments:
Hi Jennifer,
I just thought I’d just drop a line to say I really enjoy reading the posts on your blog. I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

By the way, I am Neil. Check out my blog it’s about Football, my views on players, clubs, leagues and so on.

Since you’re really into blogging, I thought I’d ask you to try this personal blogging software called Qumana. It’s got amazing features that really add to the fun of blogging. You can drag-and-drop pieces of text and pictures while surfing and edit on the fly. It also has Technorati tags, which increase your visibility in a web search. Trust me, the number of people visiting my blog has sky rocketed, thanks to Qumana. So, a word of friendly advice: check out Qumana. You could download it from http://qumana.com/download.html it’s totally free!

I had no idea that something like the Fiesa happened every year. I did go through the Sand Sculptures pictures, they are so beautiful. How long does it take to make them?
Please do let me know what you think about the software.
 
Hello Neil -

Thanks for the kind comments. I've been super busy since I got back from my last Algarve vacation, so haven't really caught up with things yet...

That includes checking your blog and also the software you mention. But I will get around to it and be back in touch.
Your blog sounds more my husband Nev's cup of tea (I still don't understand the offside thingie)! But if it's got pics of hunky footballers, I might linger a while.
As to Fiesa - I believe the artists spend about a month (April) creating the exhibits. They are then open to the public from early May to end of September.
I will be posting some new pics of this year's shindig, so watch this space for news.

Bye for now,

Jennifer
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?